Saturday, July 31, 2010

Kids crack me right up, or maybe it's just my kids.

My 5.5 year old son, Brayden, is seriously the most complex thinking kid I know. He has a desire to learn and understand in a world where the more you know, the more you don't know (that saying was on the board in my grade 11 english class and has stuck with me. Unfortunately I used it throughout highschool as my mantra...'then why bother learning?')
Brayden is starting to get into lego pretty hard core. He can invision something and build it. My husband and I are always impressed with the little things he makes and immediately shows us. We praise him big time, so he continues on with his creations.
I tried to build a helicopter, trying to engage with his new passion. It was lame, he thought it was lame, so I am sticking to building simple houses.(the square outline kind) My daughter understands this and uses them for her My Little Ponies. She 'gets' me. ;)
We bought a little mini van that you make out of lego for our little engineer today. As I was tucking him in (as custom) he rambles on and on and on about his most favorite toy of the day. Not sure where he gets his gift of gab from...............
His story.....
"Mommy, when I am 10 I am going to get a minivan to drive around. I'm going to pick Daddy up at work in it, and we are going to go for coffee" (Which I found funny as 'Daddy' doesn't drink coffee. I do, faithfully, but Brayden sees the importance and need for coffee already. Especially when he is old...10) "After our coffee I am going to Bring Daddy to get some hamburgers, french fries, and some pop."
My response..
"When you are 10 eh?"
"Yup!"
"Ok Brayden, nightie night"
Hahaha..he cracks me up. He says the funniest things.

1 comment: